Syma Kharal on Reclaiming Your Personal Power

Syma Kharal interviewed by Athena laz

Syma Kharal on Reclaiming Your Personal Power

I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing some incredible people since I started this community & today I am so happy to share with you this soulful conversation with Syma Kharal, bestselling author of Goddess Reclaimed.

Syma’s own personal story is incredible.

She grew up in highly tumultuous, religious and misogynistic upbringing, where she experienced extensive emotional, physical and sexual abuse throughout her early years. The effects of these traumas led her to develop post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD) in her teens, along with extremely painful menstrual cycles and hormonal issues through her early twenties.

Beyond the mental and physical issues, Syma developed a deep fear of intimacy, suffered from cripplingly low self-worth, and constantly attracted abusive experiences at school and work, while struggling to manifest the love, abundance and success she so deeply longed for.

Watch our interview to discover how she not only turned her life around but how she now does that for thousands of other women.

Watch the interview to learn about

1. Goddess Archetypes

2. Personal power

3. Everyday practices that you can do that will leave you feeling connected

Athena Laz is the founder of athenalaz.com, where she uses her skill as a licensed psychologist, self-help author & columnist to help others find their inner power.

P.S. Now, I’d love to hear from you – do you claim your personal power? What would need to change in order for you to feel more empowered? Leave a comment below.

13 Comments
  1. Kimberly 6 months ago

Outstanding ladies thank you so much xo
    Syma I would love to work with you on my healing process 💕💕

2. Author
    Athena Laz 6 months ago

Hey Kimberly! So glad you enjoyed it! The best way is to go to Syma’s site : http://www.flourishinggoddess.com & connect with her!

3. Sam 6 months ago

Yes, so great – thanks to you both ladies! Athena do you do one on one healing sessions?

4. Author
    Athena Laz 6 months ago

Hey Sam, so glad you enjoyed it too. My one-on-one sessions are at full capacity at the moment but I offer a group program called Own Your Inner Power – check it out here (would love to have you in the group) https://athenalaz.teachable.com/p/own-your-inner-power 🙂

5. Thandeka 6 months ago

I really love this interview so much. Athena I didn’t realize that you blend so much into your work. Being a psychologist and then also a healer like this. How did you get into this?

6. Rose 6 months ago

Wow to you both ladies. Syma your story is beyond inspiring and I send you so much love. You are so brave. Athena thank-you for so generously facilitating conversation and showing other woman on your site. You are both Goddesses!

7. Beth-Anne 6 months ago

Hi ladies, so this is the first blog that I’ve read/watched of yours Athena and I loved it. Even though I’m not big into the belief of Goddesses I just loved hearing you both speak. I think archetypes are amazing and that’s enough for me to connect in this way. Thank-you.

Also can’t wait to watch the other interviews too!

8. Asfiyah 6 months ago

As a fellow woman muslim I can relate to you Syma. I was also abused but I still have so much difficulty with it. Thanks for sharing this interview Athena, I think as women we really need to support one another. I hope and believe one day we can get there. Please continue your work.

9. Lisa 6 months ago

YES! Here’s to claiming our birthright as divine, powerful feminine forces!

LOVE you both X

10. Dee 6 months ago

I love to work with Aphrodite, she’s my go to goddess at the moment 🙂 great to watch.

11. Michelle 6 months ago

I wish I felt empowered. My life is blowing up at the moment. Boyfriend left me after 8 years of being together (he did it over sms – what an assh******le). I’m wanting children and we planned to try this year. I’m 36 now and just feel like that dream has been stolen from me. I love my work but that is just enough. Really struggling to feel like I’m going to come out through the other side. I know that my experience isn’t as intense as Syma’s but I’m not doing well 🙁 Please send energy to me ladies.

12. Esther 6 months ago

You are all badass females who rock! LOVED this interview and Michelle (I don’t know if this will help) but I am sending you good vibes in the bucket loads XX Thanks Athena and Syma

13. Sharon 6 months ago

Athena I found your work about 6 months ago and I love how each interview and post offers something new. I also really related to this & your story of stepping out of fear. I can’t imagine either of you as dis-empowered women so it gives me hope to see both of you shine. Because if both of you can , I feel like I’ll also get there.

Much love , Sharon